This Solution will guide you through the steps to create User Defined Variables (UDVs).
From the Home screen select Tools → User Defined Variables. The User Defined Variables Window will then open.
Select the File Type that you would like to add a UDV to. For this example, we will be looking at the Calibration File Type. As the screen shot indicates, almost all screens in ProCalV5 can have a UDV added.
There are three ways to add a new record.
- Select white page icon.
- Select File → New Variable
- Or the shortcut keys 'CTRL+N'
Note - Unless specified, all screen shots show the Multi-Language product (126.96.36.199 and up)
Any of the above methods will create a Blank Line.
Description of the Columns:
- Name - The value you enter here (Alpha/Numeric) will be the Name for this line item and what will be displayed on the screen. (Except for versions 5.8 and above, See 'Display Name' below)
- Type - This column has a drop down where you get to choose what type of record it is. Below is an explanation of all the different choices you can choose from.
- TEXT - Alpha Numeric. (35 Characters)
- DECIMAL - Defaults to 2 Decimal places. (Example - 123.45)
- INTEGER - Whole Numbers only. (Example 12345)
- DATE - Date field that will use the current Date Format
- LIST - Provides a predefined drop down list. Must select a List type from the third column “User-Defined List Type.”
- FILE - a hyperlink to a file or website. (Files are not stored in the software.)
- SIGNATURE - Provides a checkbox that when checked will record the User and a Time/Date stamp.
- User Defined List Type - The User Defined List Type only applies to those that are designated a List in the second column. If you click the drop down and there are no results listed in the drop down, then you will have to set-up the User Defined list. (see Screen Shot #1 below)
- Add a User-Defined List Type - To add a new List Type while on this screen, select File → Add List Type... (see Screen Shot #2 below) Add a Name as you would want it to be displayed on the 'User-Defined List Type' drop down. If you are using version 5.8 and up, you can optionally select the Locales button and enter different values for each Locales (see Screen Shot #3 below)
- Display Name & Locale - These two columns are for Multi-Language. See Screen Shot #4 below for the User Variable Definition screen without Multi-Language.
- Display Name - For versions 5.8 and above, the Display Name will be what is displayed on the Master Record.
- Locale - Selecting the 'Edit' button will allow you to enter a Display Name for each of your Locales.
When you have finished your entries, Save the record.
Screen Shot #1
Screen Shot #2
Screen Shot #3
Screen Shot #4